We warmly welcome medical and scientific reporters to what promises to be an informative and vibrant meeting. The following information seeks to assist you with your application for a media pass.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All media must register in advance of the conference. We will not be able to issue press passes on-site. To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.
- Media passes are only available to working journalists, for whom meeting registration fees are waived. Applicants will be required to provide evidence that their attendance results in media coverage of the conference. The following are NOT eligible to apply for a press pass:
- any publication or media outlet’s advertising, marketing, public relations or sales representatives;
- publishers, editors, or reporters from manufacturers’ house organs or promotional publications;
- public relations staff of exhibitors or educational institutions;
- writers creating analyses or reports sold as a commodity to customers;
- other individuals who are not actually reporting on the meeting.
Media passes allow access to the conference from 9th December to 11th December to scientific sessions, posters and the exhibition hall. The Social programme are not accessible by attending media. If a ticketed event is overcrowded, entry may be prohibited due to fire code regulations.
The BAD requests that media not pose questions to presenters during the sessions. Members of the media are observers of and not participants in all educational sessions.
- With your application form, please email at least two samples of coverage of any scientific or medical conferences that you have attended. If you have not attended such meetings previously, please provide by-lined samples of your coverage of the specialty of dermatology or samples of other medical, scientific or healthcare coverage. In addition to the above, if you are a freelance applicant, please submit a letter of assignment on letterhead from the publication you are contracted with for this meeting.
- Please note that some sessions / posters may include research that is due for publication in a scientific journal and is therefore under publication embargo. It is the obligation of the attending reporter to obtain consent from the relevant speaker / researcher / author to publish details of any materials being presented (by poster, orally or otherwise) at the conference.
- If pre-approved for registration, please identify yourself as a registered journalist on the main Registration Desk, who will issue you with your Media Pass. Attending media must present the following on-site in order to collect their pass:
- Photo identification, such as a driver’s license or passport.
• Media identification, such as press credentials or a business card.
- All exhibitor media releases, and media alerts relating to research or launches etc, presented at G2C 2020 must be embargoed to the start of the meeting, December 9th 2021. Please respect the embargo. If you are sending out any releases or alerts around the meeting, please submit them to Media Team ahead of the conference (email@example.com). We also ask that you include the following boilerplate in your press release:
The 9th International Congress of Psoriasis from gene to clinic is taking place in London from Thursday 9th December to Saturday 11th December. For more information, visit: www.psoriasisg2c.com
- On-site media interviews may be allowed with prior consent from the media team, who can allocate an area for this function.
- A list of attending media may be available on request from the Press Office. Please let us know if you would prefer not to be included on this list.
- Exhibitors can leave hard copies of news releases on the main Registration Desk for the attention of the Media Team, who can pass these on to attending media.
- Registered press are prohibited from filming or photographing in all scientific sessions.
Photographing and filming are permitted in all public areas of the conference, provided that doing so does not infringe on copyright or IP. Media must obtain exhibitors’ permission in writing before photographing or filming exhibits.
If you have any queries, please contact the Media Team, who will be happy to help:firstname.lastname@example.org
UK: +44 207 391 6084
To express an interest in a press pass please email: email@example.com